Pavlova Pale Ale Christmas Brew
- 1 x 1.3kg Mr Beer North West Pale Ale
- 1 x 250g Mr Beer Unhopped Malt Extract – Pale
- 1 x 250g Lactose
- 1 x 170g Passionfruit Pulp
- 1 x 11.5g Safale US-05 Yeast
- 1 x 72g Mr Beer Carbonation Drops
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Essence (optional, not included in recipe pack)
- Clean and sanitise all equipment that will come in contact with the brew.
- In a 4 litre pot, mix the Pale Malt Extract with 2 litres of water and bring to the boil.
- Turn off heat and add the lactose, passionfruit pulp, and stir vigorously until dissolved.
- Set the pot in a cold/ice water bath to cool (about 15 mins).
- Strain the malt liquid (wort) into the Fermenting Vessel (FV) to remove any passionfruit seeds.
- Add the North West Pale Ale, and Vanilla Essence to the FV (no need to stir).
- Fill the FV with cold water to the 10 litre mark.
- Sprinkle both the US-05 and brew can yeast then fit the lid.
- Place the FV in a location out of direct sunlight and try to ferment at 18 - 22C.
- Fermentation should take 7 to 12 days.
- After 3 days, check the Specific Gravity (SG).
- Check the SG again the following day and so on.
- The brew is ready once the SG has stabilised over a couple of days, expect about 1008 to 1012.
- Gently fill clean PET bottles to about 3cm from the top.
- Add 2 carbonation drops per bottle and secure the caps (only one drop per bottle may be preferred).
- Store the bottles upright in a location out of direct sunlight at or above 18C.Bottom of Form.